In this post, you will learn how to activate Windows 8.1, and it includes 100% working Windows 8.1 product keys.
Microsoft released Windows 8.1 as an upgrade version of Windows 8. Up until July 2016, Windows 7 & 8 users could upgrade to Windows 10, but that’s no longer possible.
To upgrade to Windows 10, you need to purchase a genuine Windows 10 license. But if your PC has Windows 8, you can upgrade to Windows 8.1 without incurring the additional license fee.
However, if you have an older version of Windows, you will have to provide a valid Windows 8.1 activation key to access all the features of the Operating System.
Read on to find working product keys for Windows 8.1.
What Is Windows 8.1 Product Key?
Windows 8.1 product key is a unique 25-digit code you must provide to activate your copy of Windows 8.1.
The code looks like this:
How to Find Your Windows 8.1 Product Key
You can find your Windows 8.1 product key in the following places:
- In case of purchasing a computer with Windows 8.1 pre-installed, you should find your Windows 8.1 activation key somewhere on a sticker on the computer.
- Getting a computer from an approved dealer, and you can’t see the sticker, ask the dealer to provide the Windows 8.1 product key.
- If buying a copy of Windows 8 or 8.1 on a CD or DVD, you should find the serial key on a card inside the box.
- When purchasing your copy of Windows 8 or 8.1 online, you will receive an email (via the email address you provided at the time of purchase). It will contain your win 8 product key and other details such as your billing address, order number, and link to the Windows 8 or 8.1 installer
- If you have already installed Windows 8 or 8.1 with a serial key, but can’t find it, you can retrieve it using various software programs available online, such as PassFab Product Key Recovery.
Free, 100% Working Windows 8.1 Product Keys
All Windows 8.1 serial keys on this post are genuine and free. We’ve included serial keys for both Ultimate and Professional versions of Windows 8.1.
You only need to use one Windows 8.1 serial key depending on the version your computer is running.
Windows 8.1 Ultimate Serial Keys
Windows 8.1 Pro Serial Keys
Every ultimate and pro product key listed here is genuine and should work. However, if one of the Windows 8.1 activation keys provided doesn’t work, feel free to try another activation key.
Haven’t found a working Windows 8.1 key? Come back tomorrow for updated product keys.
How to Activate Windows 8.1
Now that you have access to a wide range of Windows 8.1 product activation keys, the next step is activating your copy.
Do the following:
- Close all running programs
- Click on Start and type Run in the search bar
- Open Run and enter slui2 and hit enter
- A new window will open and ask you to provide a genuine Windows product key 8.1
- Grab a Win 8.1 product key on this post and use it
- Your PC will now activate your copy of Windows 8.1 automatically through your internet connection.
How to Activate Windows 8.1 Without Product Key
Although a product key Windows is necessary, you can still activate Windows 8.1 without one.
However, keep in mind that it doesn’t work all the time. Therefore, you may still have to use an activation key on this page.
Upgrade from Windows 8
If your PC has Windows 8, you can simply upgrade to Windows 8.1 running.
Before you start:
- Backup important files and documents
- Make sure your PC has at least 3GB of free space
- If you are upgrading on a laptop, make sure it’s plugged into a power outlet.
Follow these steps:
- Go to Windows Store on Windows 8
- Find the update option
- Choose that option and click on Download
- The update files will download automatically and install in the background
- After a successful update, restart your PC
- When update window comes up, select Use Express Settings
- Login into your MS account and reinstall your apps
These steps should enable you to upgrade from Windows 8 to 8.1 without using an activation key.
Create Your Own Windows Activator
This method doesn’t you to provide a product key for Windows 8 or 8.1. It involves creating a . bat file and running it on your PC to activate Windows.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Click here to find a code
- Click File and save it as activatior.cmd
If you are unable to save the text file as .cmd, follow these steps to enable this setting in your Windows file browser:
- Find the file explorer menu and click View
- Select File and Folder Options
- Select View
- Click Advanced Settings to see an option that enables you to check and uncheck settings
- Locate and uncheck Hide extensions for known file types to display extensions for all types of files.
- Now save the text file as .cmd
- Right-click on the .cmd file and select Run as administrator
- After running the file, a new window will appear and disappear on your desktop
Wait a couple of seconds and reboot your PC. Then check to see if the activation was successful.
Can these Windows 8.1 activation keys work for 32-bit and 64-bit systems?
Yes, they work for both 32-bit and 64-bit systems. It doesn’t matter the bit-version you are using as long as you have a working Windows 8.1 Ultimate or pro product key.
How Do I Activate Windows 8.1 Offline?
- Press Windows button + R to open Run
- Type SLUI4 in the Run window and hit Enter
- This will open a Window with your installation ID and contact information
- Choose your country/region
- Call the number provided on the screen
- Enter the installation ID over the phone
- When prompted, choose option “1” to confirm you have only installed one copy of Windows 8.1 with this license
- You will receive a confirmation ID and click activate to activate your copy of Windows 8.1.
Can I Use Windows 8.1 Without Activation?
Yes, you can use Windows 8.1 without activation, but without a genuine activation key, you won’t use it for long.
You will get prompts every couple of hours to provide a serial key and you will be able to use only about 30% of Windows 8.1’s capabilities.
Can You Download Windows 8.1 for Free?
Yes, you can download and install Windows 8.1 for free. Basically, there are two ways to download Windows 8.1. If you have Windows 8, you can download Windows 8.1 from the Windows 8 store for free.
Another way is to download an ISO version of Windows 8.1 and install the operating system on a different partition to dual boot between Windows 8.1 and Windows 8.
However, you will be required to provide a Windows 8.1 activation key during installation. Feel free to use a free Windows 8.1 product key on this page.
You may like: